What is the Difference between a Tree Surgeon and an Arborist?
The simple answer is that an arborist is an experienced and highly trained tree surgeon.
If we look at definitions, the difference becomes clearer:
- A tree surgeon is a person who prunes and treats old or damaged trees in order to preserve them or make them more them more amenable, e.g. let more light into your house or garden.
- An arborist is a person trained in the art and science of planting, caring for, maintaining and removing trees.
- A Certified Arborist is a person who has achieved a level of knowledge in the art and science of tree care through experience and by passing a comprehensive examination. Certified Arborists must continue their education to maintain their certification so are more likely to be up-to-date on the latest arboriculture techniques.
The problem is that anyone can call themselves a tree surgeon.
If you want a fully qualified, insured and Certified Arborist so that you know the job will be done properly, then contact your friendly professionals at EOS on 01531 650012 or at email@example.com
Choosing A Supplier for Tree Pruning or Tree Removal
There are numerous standard options available for getting a tree pruned or removed. These are to use:
1. Someone with a chainsaw. Many people have chainsaws and other implements for pruning or felling trees, few know how best to use them, and even fewer are insured should something go wrong. There are many horror stories of improperly felled trees damaging property.
2. An experienced and trusted gardener. It is tempting to use your regular and trusted gardener to deal with your trees. Gardeners are great for mowing, strimming and managing your flower beds and weeds. However, they are not trained or insured to deal with trees.
3. A tree surgeon. A very broad term that encompasses everything from under-qualified, inexperienced and under-insured through to technically competent and insured. They are a better option than someone with a chainsaw or your average gardener but there are still potential risks inherent in using a tree surgeon.
4. An arborist- this is your best option. You can rest assured that you will get an unbiased appraisal of your needs and you will be given recommendations which are backed by science. They will also be fully insured in the highly unlikely event that something does go wrong.
EOS is your friendly professional arboricultural company. We focus on good customer service and providing value for money. You will get straight answers to your questions. We are trusted by large companies such as Carillion and Scottish and Southern Energy so you know that you can rely on us.
You are invited to contact your friendly team on 01531 650012 or at firstname.lastname@example.org